Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roisin and mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Hi! I've tried multiple apps to store loyalty cards on my phone, but they are all either total gimmicks full of bugs and coupon promotions I can't even use, or they're really meant for the North American market with a bunch of pre-entered transatlantic local brands like IDK, Krogers, Target, Walmart, etc, which not only leaves me entering my local store brands manually, but on top of that they never really display right.

The last thing I tried was an app from IIRC Taiwan called Pass2UWallet that promised to load any store cards I entered by scanning the barcode or typing in a number straight into the Apple Wallet for them to display natively, but while the cards seem to have made it into Pass2U okay, the move to Wallet didn't really work & I can't get ahold of anyone there to help me troubleshoot it.

At this point, if you have a whole other solution, maybe even something kinda old-school that lets me just print out all the barcodes onto a single paper card, I'm down as well! Whatever works as long as I don't have to drag around 6-7 extra cards.

thanks in advance!

aerospacethrace

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Norway
Hi! I've tried multiple apps to store loyalty cards on my phone, but they are all either total gimmicks full of bugs and coupon promotions I can't even use, or they're really meant for the North American market with a bunch of pre-entered transatlantic local brands like IDK, Krogers, Target, Walmart, etc, which not only leaves me entering my local store brands manually, but on top of that they never really display right.

The last thing I tried was an app from IIRC Taiwan called Pass2UWallet that promised to load any store cards I entered by scanning the barcode or typing in a number straight into the Apple Wallet for them to display natively, but while the cards seem to have made it into Pass2U okay, the move to Wallet didn't really work & I can't get ahold of anyone there to help me troubleshoot it.

At this point, if you have a whole other solution, maybe even something kinda old-school that lets me just print out all the barcodes onto a single paper card, I'm down as well! Whatever works as long as I don't have to drag around 6-7 extra cards.

thanks in advance!
I use Stocard (free, no in-app purchases), have been using it for maybe a year or two. It lets me scan or manually enter cards, and has worked well for me so far. I see that it does have an “offers“ tab, but I had never noticed this previously nor ever used it, so it’s certainly not a pushy feature.

As I live in Scandinavia I do know it works outside the US, although of course I can’t say 100% which countries it is available in.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
agree on Stocard, works perfectly in Portugal on my iphone. the watch app seems a waste of time certainly for me, as the cards never scan, but i i have a Stocard widget that means i can hit the Pingo Doce card in under a second and works fine.

Reactions: aerospacethrace
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.