Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Hey folks, I received a complimentary version of Luminar 4 at pre-launch a while back & never activated it until a couple of days ago. I've noticed that on export, none of the images are as sharp as they may appear when editing them! Does anyone have any idea what I'm possibly doing wrong? I'd love to shift away from the Adobe subscription clutches of doom once & for all. My DAM & RAW editing potentials are either Darktable or Luminar & I have Affinity Photo as my Photoshop replacement.

I'd much rather some new glass or other photographic toys than perpetual payments to Adobe for mediocre products. ;)

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about with an image looking nice & detailed in Luminar 4 & then the exported version looking considerably softer!

Many thanks in advance for any insights offered.

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 11.36.27 am.png

_DSC0118.jpeg

[automerge]1590546122[/automerge]
Actually, I think I have answered my own query!

Don't accidentally toggle off the camera fixes! D'oh! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: iAssimilated

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Glad to hear you figured it out. Since I started using Luminar (got it free with my DSLR @ Christmas this year) I have definitely enjoyed using it!
Me too! I'm genuinely surprised by its potential for editing images, it could be very easy to overbake things with playing with the instafilters, but as a non-destructive RAW image editor, it's actually more than capable! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.