Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianbar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Winnipeg Canada
Without getting into lots of misunderstandings with Panasonic Canada (including their manual) and their 1.2 firmware updates, it appears that the updates only apply to the ZS200, and not the ZS200D.
I now have the ZS200D back again.
Brian

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
I covered my impressions of the ZS200 camera here:

To be brutal I found software and manual to be very badly done. Moreover third party resources are weak compared to more popular brands. That said once I finally got a handle on the controls I found this to be a very capable camera that fills the requirements I outlined at the beginning of that thread to perfection. However the user is very much left in charge of sorting things out on his own. And it is a steeper learning curve than it should/could be.

superandrew

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2007
so? did you finally update the firmware? I have a Lumix TZ200D (which is exactly the same as yours, for some evil reason Panasonic decided to go nuts on naming) and I can confirm that nothing works.

guzzloid

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2010
Just to spell it out in full: the TZ200D (note the D!) is a different model with its own firmware, different from the TZ200 firmware.

The TZ200 firmware updates do not work on the TZ200D. As I write this, there are no updates available for the TZ200D.

The TZ200D firmware V1.0 already has all the upgrades and fixes
from the TZ200 firmware V1.2 so there is nothing to update.

Hopefully this will prevent others from making this same mistake. (Guess what I just spent the last hour trying to do! 😁 )

Reactions: wilsonlaidlaw

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Same issue with the TZ200. I have been updating FW on digital cameras (mostly Leica) for 25 years with no problems but this one is. I have FW 1.0 in the camera but when I try to update to FW1.2, the camera says FW up to date. Panasonic UK no help. They just repeat what is on the instructions and when I tell them that does not work, they tell me I must be doing it wrong. I am using an in camera formatted Lexar Pro 64GB UHS II card, so nothing wrong with it and the .bin (decompressed) file has copied to the root directory of the card. I think there may be some error in their procedure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.