Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flatfoot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
Hi there,

I'd like to upgrade my MacBook 2017 (512GB SSD) with something larger without losing an arm and a leg. Is a standard m.2 SSD an option here? I know it's possible for MacBook Pros and Airs (with potential compatibility problems), but haven't read about the MacBook. Is there enough room in the case?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi there,

I'd like to upgrade my MacBook 2017 (512GB SSD) with something larger without losing an arm and a leg. Is a standard m.2 SSD an option here? I know it's possible for MacBook Pros and Airs (with potential compatibility problems), but haven't read about the MacBook. Is there enough room in the case?
There’s no way to upgrade the SSD in these computers. The actual chips are soldered to the main board of the computer.

flatfoot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
There’s no way to upgrade the SSD in these computers. The actual chips are soldered to the main board of the computer.

Ah, shoot. Didn‘t think of that. Well, I guess it‘ll be selective Dropbox sync for me then.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.