Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

objectsession

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2023
I'm still having the vertical line problem on my Mac (m2 mini) hooked up via HDMI or DisplayPort with updated os and firmware (which maybe helped some). Mostly just FYI in case anyone is considering buying this monitor or a Mac.

The issue is easy to spot for me by scrolling on this page:

Still debating returning the Mac mini (can't return the monitor). It's a rare problem, but still annoying problem... but the Mac mini is great otherwise.

I think I can live with it, but I definitely would not recommend buying this monitor to use with a Mac. Especially since the monitor is not exactly stellar in my opinion even without this issue.

Last edited:

DKO110

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2012
After struggling with this as well for months, on 5/22/22, Dell has released a firmware update for the S3221QS Monitor taking my firmware from M2C101 to M2C103.

In the hour since upgrading, my Mac mini M1 has not flickered since! It's connected via HDMI. I haven't tested DisplayPort yet.

I hope this stays the case, has fixed the issue, and works for everyone else!

The firmware update mostly fixed the issue for me but the flickering is back after updating my M2 Mac Mini to 13.3.1. Anyone else?

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
I’m on Ventura and once a day mine flickers for about 2-3 seconds and comes back. Good thing I’m patient and it only happens once per day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.