Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

englishman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Had an M1 Air for months and its always been stone cold on even prolonged heavy use.

I upgraded to Ventura a few days ago and since then it runs hot.

I might downgrade back to Monterey if I cant fix it.

Anyone else with similar?

englishman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Thanks. Seems ok today after a restart. Maybe I'll persevere. Perhaps a rogue app runing.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Thanks. Seems ok today after a restart. Maybe I'll persevere. Perhaps a rogue app runing.
Next time (hopefully not) you should check Activity Monitor to see what is running. Make sure you choose to sort by % CPU in the CPU tab and in the View menu the All Processes menu item is check marked.

xboxbml

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
Had an M1 Air for months and its always been stone cold on even prolonged heavy use.

I upgraded to Ventura a few days ago and since then it runs hot.

I might downgrade back to Monterey if I cant fix it.

Anyone else with similar?
After usually any major update, the Photos app goes nuts cuz it's "re-analyzing" your photo library. That takes quite a long time and depending on what you've got going on and other apps open(like Chrome), it could get a bit warm doing that until it's done..

englishman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2006
Thanks. It seems to be back to normal now. Cool. I'll see if I can close the thread or mark solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.