Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slicktromboner

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2018
Hi Folks,

Have kind of a weird one here. My M1 MBA's trackpad and keyboard are non-responsive after closing the lid and opening it again.

TouchID still unlocks the computer but the keyboard and trackpad still don't work.

It's not a sleep issue, as putting it to sleep via the Apple menu doesn't break the keyboard and trackpad. It only happens after closing the lid and opening it again. I need to do a hard shutdown and reboot to get the keyboard and trackpad to work again.

Tried disabling FileVault, clearing caches, clearing trackpad/keyboard prefs, used Disk Utility first aid on the APFS containers in recovery and just decided to reimage the machine from recovery. Issue still persists with a clean install of the OS.

In the olden days, I would try to zap the NVRAM or a SMC reset, but that isn't a thing on these ARM Macs.

This is a new issue since updating to 12.1 and the update to 12.2 didn't fix it.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.