Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bolyki01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2021
Watford
Hello guys,

There are a few articles already on this subject, but I thought I give it a try maybe it worked for someone and they could help.

So I bought a M1 Mini and I really love it, enjoying it rosetta free. I understand that the HDMI port is 2.0 and the thunderbolt /USB4 port is display port capable, therefore it is able to run a 6K display on 60Hz, or a 4K display at 120Hz.

I went ahead and attached it to my TV "OLED55BX" via a USBC->HDMI cable bought from scan(https://www.scan.co.uk/products/2m-...ow-latency-aluminium-hood-braided-cable-black) . Unfortunately, all it shows up is 4k60 resolutions and/or with HDR support.

I went ahead and installed SwitchResX (beta) and also tried turning off SIP. No luck. I cannot make a custom resolution in switchrex because it is grayed out.

Anyone with some suggestions? I would really need 120Hz as on a big screen like this, 60Hz is not to convenient to use because of the mouse drag. Also attaching some pictures.:

All help is appreciated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.