Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Leaving the M1 Mini turned on overnight, I woke up to the login screen and when I logged in a panic message and restart showed up.

It's been connected to dual displays and has been fine last week leaving it on overnights....

Can anyone decode these panic messages ?

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 11.32.03 AM.png

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2007
Bad HW. you should not be getting this. I have almost 5 days uptime running heavy tasks etc and its rock solid.

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
PMAP = Physical map (i.e. the physical addressing of your memory)
VM = Virtual memory
CS = Code signing

Usually the panic is not telling you the actual cause, because it is trying to address something that is 0. So:
A: It could be a chain of oddities leading to an error caused by a kernel bug.
B: A fluke somewhere.
C: Error in hardware.

If you get the same error repeatedly, A is most likely. If you get random similar panics, hardware (C) could be causing it. If it is not happening again, then likely B.

Reactions: 4sallypat

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Leaving the M1 Mini turned on overnight, I woke up to the login screen and when I logged in a panic message and restart showed up.

It's been connected to dual displays and has been fine last week leaving it on overnights....

Can anyone decode these panic messages ?

View attachment 1677986

what did you end up doing? i get this occasionally as well. not sure if its hardware of software

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
what did you end up doing? i get this occasionally as well. not sure if its hardware of software
I disconnected all the USB devices and went wireless KB & M.

I am still on hard line (Ethernet) as Wifi is not as speedy as connecting direct to a 1Gbps switch.

No more panic kernel messages so I guess what ever I was running or installing may have fixed it ??

So far so good for now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.