Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebumbing2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2021
Hello,i bought the M1 Pro Macbook Pro 16'' for my faculty.Also i want this laptop to last mininum 6-7 years.Laptop felt me a little low on system performance and sometimes very slow on Rhino 7 .I watched so many benchmark tests and reviews...Tons of them.Did i make a bad choice of getting the M1 Pro model for 3D modelling and rendering stuff?Last year i was using the 2019 Macbook Pro 16'' and i didn't like it so i sell it and bought the M1 Pro model.Should i bought the M1 Max?

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
How is your memory usage in activity monitor? Without this information, I suspect this thread will get same responses as your other one...

Edit: I see from your other thread that you believe memory capacity is not the issue. I which case I don't know why it is not performing as you expected. If the software you are using is not yet optimized for Apple Silicon, upgrading to M1 Max may not make much difference

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.