Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
I remember when I had the M1 air base I was very overwhelm by how I thought the batter lasted very long but for some reason i feel like i need to charge my M2 more than the M1 I had.
is it normal to loose 28% in under 2 hours 22 minutes of just chrome, mail, and messenger? no other intensive apps were being used

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
It depends. Chrome and Messenger aren't known for power efficiency. Also, Chrome can be used in a variety of ways and pushed hard or not. Given your use, you'd expect to get about 8 hours from one charge. I think that's excellent.

Reactions: Tagbert

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I'm sure there must be some reasons for using Chrome, but efficiency of CPU and memory aren't among them. Oh, and not security, either.

Reactions: heretiq

heretiq

Contributor
Jan 31, 2014
Denver, CO
I remember when I had the M1 air base I was very overwhelm by how I thought the batter lasted very long but for some reason i feel like i need to charge my M2 more than the M1 I had.
is it normal to loose 28% in under 2 hours 22 minutes of just chrome, mail, and messenger? no other intensive apps were being used
Google and Meta are surveillance companies. Their apps are surveillance instruments. Surveillance is power intensive as it requires constant transfer of information which equates to constant energy drain. You can reduce energy impact of surveillance apps by turning off background app refresh and notifications for these apps .. or better yet — by not using them.

Reactions: benwiggy and chabig
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.