Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Subliminal87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
So I have my M2 mini, my HDMI port is already in use for the one monitor but I really want to connect my second monitor to it.

Will any USB C to HDMI cable work? It would just be 1080p.

meson

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2014
That will be fine. If you have spare HDMI cables laying around, you could just get a usb c to hdmi adapter. It may be a little cheaper.

Reactions: Chuckeee and fp99

Subliminal87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2015
That will be fine. If you have spare HDMI cables laying around, you could just get a usb c to hdmi adapter. It may be a little cheaper.
I didnt think about that, I do have a spare HDMI cable. thanks!

johners

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2019
Zürich, Switzerland
I have the basic Mac mini M2 8GB/512GB. I am running dual monitors, both Dell U2720Q 4K. I am using the HDMI and the TB4 port. Both scaled to 1440 resolution. It works well with no performance issues. It was very easy to setup. I like having the free TB4 port as the mini has 2 x TB4. Has anyone done a performance comparison of driving the monitors HDMI+TB4 vs TB4+TB4? The Mac does seem to favour the HDMI port on startup. Additionally, the TB ports on each monitor are available. It's an academic question as the initial setup was so easy. Just plug n play.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.