Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jerus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
I just upgraded from a iMac to Mac mini M2Pro using dual Benq PD2725U displays.
Worked fine all last week but this week but his week 2-3 times a day the cursor get stuck on one of the displays. All programs are open and running fine. I can alt-tab between programs on both displays, but the cursor refuses to move over to the other screen.
They are daisy chained using Thunderpolt 4 cables, I'm running Ventura 13.6.4 .

I can't find much information about this online, has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
I assume it's not gone "mirror mode" (cmnd-F1)?
Could it be that the displays have reordered themselves, so that display number two is now on the left side?

Reactions: Jerus

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I’d guess it’s an Arrangement issue… either flipped like Ben J. said, or slightly misaligned. I’ve also had my external displays slightly separate from one another when connected to my MacBook Pro to the point that though one display was just to the left of the other - and perfectly aligned top-to-bottom - it was impossible for the mouse to “jump the gap” between them.

Next time it happens, open up the display arrangement - if the cause isn’t obvious there save a screenshot.

Reactions: Jerus

Jerus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
Thank you so much for taking time to answer.
It has not happened today, but the displays have only gone to sleeping mode twice ,which is when it seems to happen.
I have turned of the Benq Display Pilot software in case that was the culprint.

Jerus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2017
Been testing a bit more the last days and the reason behind the issue definitely seems to be the Benq Display pilot. Issue happens often when it’s running, never when it’s not running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.