Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
Have an M2 Mac Mini 16GB/512GB and a 24" Dell Displayport monitor. Worked fine with a 2012 Intel Mini using an Apple HDMI to DVI adapter for years.

Now, with the new M2 Mini, I've noticed certain text in certain apps becomes blurry. If I resize the window or move it around, the text becomes crisp. I notice it most in Whatsapp desktop.

Thinking it might be the adapter setup, I bought a USB-C to Displayport cable and the situation persists.

I changed the color profile to generic RGB, issue still persists. I've read all over the internet that this is somewhat a known issue. I am in the latest version of Sonoma. Should I downgrade to Ventura (what the computer came with?)

Thanks for any assistance.

Reactions: jazz1

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
I have one of my displays (Dell 27") connected with DP to USB C, and is fine in Ventura.
Your Dell should have other ports...?
Can you connect with HDMI?

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"If there are 3 pathways in front of you, and 2 lead nowhere, try the 3rd..."

I'm going to get roasted for this reply, but if you can't get a decent image through either displayport or HDMI, try the VGA port.

I'd also check all the monitor's own settings. Perhaps do a "factory reset" and start over?

Actually, it might be time to consider buying a newer display.
I'd recommend 27", 4k resolution.
Many choices out there, from cheap to quite expensive.

ZipZilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
"If there are 3 pathways in front of you, and 2 lead nowhere, try the 3rd..."

I'm going to get roasted for this reply, but if you can't get a decent image through either displayport or HDMI, try the VGA port.

I'd also check all the monitor's own settings. Perhaps do a "factory reset" and start over?

Actually, it might be time to consider buying a newer display.
I'd recommend 27", 4k resolution.
Many choices out there, from cheap to quite expensive.

Thanks for the suggestion and straight talk.

Is there a good 27" monitor that you would recommend? Something in the budget range.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion and straight talk.

Is there a good 27" monitor that you would recommend? Something in the budget range.
I have three Dell 2k 27 inch displays for Mac, mac mini and Macbook Air connected with in various ways (hdmi and usb-c to hdmi) and they all work well. Check your mac hardware. Changing monitors will not remedy your situations. Change or fix your computer.

Reactions: MarkC426

ZipZilla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
I have three Dell 2k 27 inch displays for Mac, mac mini and Macbook Air connected with in various ways (hdmi and usb-c to hdmi) and they all work well. Check your mac hardware. Changing monitors will not remedy your situations. Change or fix your computer.
It’s brand new, only about 2 months old. I suppose it could be defective.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Just wondering... how old is the 24" monitor?

You mentioned that the text -- although blurry at first -- "clears up" when you move a window.
I'm wondering if this could be some kind of "synching problem" between the Mac and the display?

What resolution are you using?
What refresh rate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.