Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngel22

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2023
Why the hell can't m2 macs remember display settings when you connect them with an external display? After going to sleep and then waking up, the external display setting is totally screwed, either the resolution is completely different or the screen is shifted out and beyond, so that you need to go to settings to fix it every time. I thought it might be an issue with the external display itself, however with my old 2015 Mac I dont have any issues. Anyone else with those issues and any ideas how to solve it?

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
I have three Dell P2715Q's attached to my m2 Studio via DP->TB, and--apart from a few statistically-irrelevant situations--everything stays in-place.

Apart from a few situations where app windows are not in places I remembered (or--in a few less situations--where they exist off-screens), all my displays consistently stay @1080p.

I probably don't have any satisfactory answer(s) for you, but you seem to be in a definite pickle, so . . . ;)

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
nothing broken here.
I suggest you erase and reinstall OS. Maybe wipe out SSD as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.