Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
With the introduction of the M2, I assume it will come to the iPad Pro in the Fall. When do you think we will see the M2 on the iPad Air?

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
So if the Pro is getting the M2 a year before the Air, is the Pro gonna be a better buy until Fall 2023?

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I need a new iPad. Thinking of getting the new air but the pro 11 is sooo similar. I thinks it’s $200 more. Not sure it’s worth it and they’ll likely come out with a new pro 11 in the fall”?

blkjedi954

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2012
Florida
With the introduction of the M2, I assume it will come to the iPad Pro in the Fall. When do you think we will see the M2 on the iPad Air?
I hope the M2 doesn’t come to the iPad Pro Just yet. Major thermal issues exist and the increase in performance comes at cost of increased power requirements. iPad‘s passive cooling and smaller thermal envelope will suffer way more then the throttling and heating issues the M2 MacBook Air is currently experiencing. SMH. Current advice by multiple sources is choose the M1 Air over the M2 Air due to ram memory bottleneck and thermal/throttling issues.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
I hope the M2 doesn’t come to the iPad Pro Just yet. Major thermal issues exist and the increase in performance comes at cost of increased power requirements. iPad‘s passive cooling and smaller thermal envelope will suffer way more then the throttling and heating issues the M2 MacBook Air is currently experiencing. SMH. Current advice by multiple sources is choose the M1 Air over the M2 Air due to ram memory bottleneck and thermal/throttling issues.

How often are you pegging your iPad at max draw?

Current advice by multiple sources BS YouTubers is choose the M1 Air over the M2 Air due to ram memory bottleneck and thermal/throttling issues even though they'll affect less than 1% of people who are in the Air's market.

FTFY.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.