Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kittonian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Austin, TX
Anyone else having this issue on 13.4? My iPhone XR will not see my new M2 Ultra Mac Studio for Airdrop or Handoff. Using the iPhone as a FaceTime camera works perfectly and the iPhone is running the latest 16.5 iOS.

I know AirDrop is working on my iPhone because it sees my wife's iPhone just fine (she has the same iPhone XR) for AirDrop.

I also don't get any of the Handoff stuff on the Mac, like when I'm using Safari on my iPhone I should see Safari on my Desktop so I can click to continue where I left off. I don't see anything. When my wife is doing the same with her Macbook Pro running 12.6 it works perfectly.

This Mac Studio is connected via Ethernet, but since Airdrop and Handoff seem to mandate WiFi as well, I now have both Ethernet and Wifi. I also tried turning off Ethernet and only using WiFi and still no change. Tried rebooting both the Mac Studio and the iPhone, no change.

Would love to hear if anyone else has these features working. Thanks!

klky

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
Would love to hear if anyone else has these features working. Thanks!

My M2 Ultra Mac Studio is on 13.4 (connected to ethernet) and my iPhone 14 Pro is on 16.5. Both on the same WiFi network.

Both AirDrop and Handoff working fine (and very quickly) between devices. I hope yours gets sorted out soon.

Maccotto

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2012
Hello I have similar problem with my Mac Studio M1 after Sonoma .
I can't send files from my iPad pro2nd gen/ iPhone 13. because every time I get Error red message .
Mac Studio can send files and Continuity/handoff work perfectly.

Can you help me?

kittonian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Austin, TX
After a long time I finally figure it out yesterday and it was totally my fault. I forgot that I had a mini bluetooth dongle plugged into my Apple keyboard for use with a Mac Pro 5,1 so I had better connectivity. I had completely forgotten about it and didn't even realize the Mac Studio would recognize it, but sure enough, I pulled it, rebooted, and Airdrop, Continuity, etc. all work perfectly now.

Reactions: b17777
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.