Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

multimania

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I'm thinking of getting an iMac and I'm hoping that the height fits in with what I'm used to. My current monitor is 98mm (almost 10cm) to the bottom of the screen bezel.

Is it possible that some kind iMac M1/3 owner can provide me with a figure of the height off a desk to the base of the bezel.
Thank you!

multimania

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
About 120mm to the bottom of the visible screen. 90mm is to the bottom of the physical screen.
Ah thanks a lot. Yes that's very useful. My existing screen (cheap LG 4K 24") is only slightly lower so it will fit in fine. I bought a Studio Display 2 weeks ago and whilst I did like the screen it just didn't fit into my rather small desk space.

Then I had a brainwave, get an M3 iMac and get another computer too for a little bit more money.

colodane

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2012
Colorado
For others who may be having concerns about M3 iMac physical dimensions: Apple does offer it with a VESA mount at no additional charge. This will allow you to use a desk mounted or wall mounted VESA arm to customize the screen location to your preference. This option is kind of buried in the Built-to-Order iMac menus and doesn't jump out at you unless you are actively looking for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.