Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

currahee2100

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Hi guys,
Lately Premiere Pro has been frustrating me with the lack of performance. I don't do heavy video editing, but adding some polish to 4k HDR 60fps clips has been incredibly painful. So painful that warp stabilizer is worthless, and encoding takes way too long.

For fun I used my M1 iPad Pro with LumaFusion to do the same thing. And instead of it taking hours to process a 30 minute video, it took about an hour. It just did something faster than my 8 core i7 laptop or 12 core threadripper could do. And on less RAM.

So I'm wondering, for those who have the M3 Pro MBP, how is Premiere Pro on it? I'm still wanting to use Warp stabilizer, because nothing I have used comes close to that level of stabilization. I'm looking at either the 11C M3P MBP 14" or 12C M3P MBP 16".

Thanks!

galad

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2022
It depends if the issue is Premiere being not optimized, or something else, it has never been a speed king.
It would be better if you could try it.

Reactions: currahee2100

currahee2100

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Didn't see the replies, thanks guys.

So after some researching I found that warp stabilizer in after effects is SO MUCH FASTER. So much faster, in fact, that it'll stabilize clips in 3-5 min as opposed to hours in premiere pro.

I got my 16" MBP and it's the same story there. Gonna run with it for a little bit. Not sure if I still want it but Premiere Pro seems to run a lot better than on Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.