Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khunxhor

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
los angeles
So I posted a similar question a month or two ago, and no one really answered...so here goes one more time.

In the past I became very accustomed to using a program like ad-aware or spyware to "scan" my PC. All of these "cookies" or "bugs" or whatever they were called would come up, (some were red because they were found in my "system files") and I would delete them all. Is there anything like this on a mac? Should I routinely "scan" for viruses or anything else that can harm my mb (things collected after surfing the web).

thanks a bunch

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
So I posted a similar question a month or two ago, and no one really answered...so here goes one more time.

In the past I became very accustomed to using a program like ad-aware or spyware to "scan" my PC. All of these "cookies" or "bugs" or whatever they were called would come up, (some were red because they were found in my "system files") and I would delete them all. Is there anything like this on a mac? Should I routinely "scan" for viruses or anything else that can harm my mb (things collected after surfing the web).

thanks a bunch

There isn't really a need, I wouldn't worry about it...

On a completely unrelated note, Armenian is such a beautiful language :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.