Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjolester

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
Trondheim, Norway
I have recently upgraded my 2010 Mac Pro 5.1 with a new GPU and installed OS Mojave 10.14.6. All is fine except that I am not able to find my old purchases in the Mac App Store. MAS says "No purchases". I have previously purchased Logic Pro 10.5, Affinity Photo 1, Aperture 3.6, etc, and have spent countless hours trying to fix the problem, without success.

My mid-2012 MacBook Pro 13" runs OCLP and OS Monterey, and on this machine the Mac App Store functions perfectly.

Is it possible to download my apps from the MAS as an installer and copy them from the MBP to the Mac Pro (without trying to install them)?

bjolester

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
Trondheim, Norway
On Mojave, you could try to install the apps with mas-cli https://github.com/mas-cli/mas
Example for Logic Pro https://apps.apple.com/app/logic-pro/id634148309
Code:
mas install 634148309
Thank you! I need to read about mas-cli, I have knowledge of this from before.

I have Mojave installed on an external SSD, which functioned fine with MAS on my MacBook Pro when I checked some weeks ago. If I am able to download my purchased apps on to the external Mojave SSD, is it possible to simply copy the apps to my Mac Pro?

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
You can copy-paste apps downloaded from the App Store to another Mac, just be sure to be logged into the same Apple ID.

Reactions: bjolester

bjolester

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
Trondheim, Norway
You can copy-paste apps downloaded from the App Store to another Mac, just be sure to be logged into the same Apple ID.
Excuse my lack of knowledge about this, but I thought one had to have some kind of installer file (diskimage) to be able to achieve a 100% successfull app install? If it is as simple as copy-paste I can manage fine without functioning App Store on my Mac Pro.

bjolester

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2018
Trondheim, Norway
The solution to my MAS problem:

1. Clean install of OS High Sierra on my 2010 Mac Pro. In OS High Sierra the Mac App Store functioned perfectly.
2. Download and install Logic 10.4.8, Aperture 3.6 and my other purchased apps.
3. Copy the apps to a backup HD.
4. Reinstall OS Mojave 10.14.6.

The MAS still shows the "No purchases" message, but it doesn’t matter anymore, I now have copies of my purchased apps and can install these on my Mac Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.