Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slkjflla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
My public holidays calendar (from the region setting on Mac) hasn't got any entries for 2021 yet. At what point does Apple 'refresh' the calendar to include the following year? Is there anyway I can force this? Obviously, in December, it would be helpful to know what public holidays are in January the following year.

slkjflla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
Yes, I believe so. All my calendars are reflected on my Mac and on my iPhone. It's just that the public holidays don't extend beyond 2020.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
My public holidays calendar (from the region setting on Mac) hasn't got any entries for 2021 yet. At what point does Apple 'refresh' the calendar to include the following year? Is there anyway I can force this? Obviously, in December, it would be helpful to know what public holidays are in January the following year.

http://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics

I have always been subscribed to this holiday calendar in the Calendar app, and like the OP mine shows holidays in December, and nothing afterward.

I tried unsubscribing then adding it back and it did not help.

If I enable the built in holidays in Calendar preferences, that works for 2021 but it is packed with all the religious holidays I wanted to avoid on my calendar.

Edit: https://www.calendarlabs.com/ical-calendar/ics/76/US_Holidays.ics

I found this one that seems to work well and covers 2021.

Last edited:

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I have "show holidays calendar" checked in the Calendar preferences and have not done anything else to configure the app. It shows complete holidays for 2021 and even 2022 here in the US.

Woofie2010

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2010
Australia
My iPhone and MacBook are not showing any Public Holidays for Australia in 2022.
Although my mum iPhone is showing holidays

Last edited:

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
England
I think it widespread problem. I see it on here and Apple Community Support Forum too plus internet search. Seem something gone wrong Apple end I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.