Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 19, 2015
I noticed recently that I was not getting email updates from the Nextdoor community boards nor from YouTube for new video postings. Both services were set up with my mac.com email address. Last year I got a letter from Vanguard financial services that they were unable to contact me by email, that account also uses our mac.com address. I thought it was a problem on their end since it seemed to resolve itself so I ignored it back then.

But now the YouTube and Nextdoor issue has become evident. I changed my address with Nextdoor to icloud.com and email notifications came in this morning for the first time in almost a month. I normally get them every day. I also changed my contact email on YouTube and Google to iCloud.com. I have not yet received an email notification of new videos but I did get a confirmation email from them. The video notifications were intermittent, not a daily thing like Nextdoor, so I’ll have to wait to see if that was enough. I left my account registration set up with the mac.com address. I hope I won’t have to change it.

So beware that if you’re still using a mac.com email address with certain services you may run into various issues. So far I’ve not seen any other services have a problem with that address. But it appears that some services are bouncing that domain. All other emails are being received without issue, so far it’s only been Nextdoor and YouTube.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.