Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneTrueBob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Atlanta, GA
At the bottom of this page there is a picture of what appears to be an iMac doll and a PowerMac doll. Does anyone know the source of these? It's looks pretty neat, but the text of the site is in Japanese.

Thanks.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Interesting. I wonder if Apple knows about these?

Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese, so can't help out with any of the ordering information...

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
Heh, these are pretty funny.

p26a.jpg

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
nosen said:
Heh, these are pretty funny.

p26a.jpg

About the doll on the left, it says her skirt was inspired by the iMac G4 and the doll on the left is G5-inspired: note the mesh side. They are supposed to be "Companion Girls". I do not see any ordering information anywhere- I don't think they are for sale, and anyway the comments say the guy is a windows user.

OneTrueBob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Atlanta, GA
5300cs said:
About the doll on the left, it says her skirt was inspired by the iMac G4 and the doll on the left is G5-inspired: note the mesh side. They are supposed to be "Companion Girls". I do not see any ordering information anywhere- I don't think they are for sale, and anyway the comments say the guy is a windows user.

Thanks for the info on this pictre. The really apper to be impressive creations. It's a pity that they don't appear to be on sale then. I could see putting one of those on my desk at work just to stir up a little bit of conversation.

I can't fault the guy for being a Windows user. I was until just a few months ago. I still VNC into my old Windows box from time to time to run a few applications and a mail server.

I wonder what is meant be "Companion Girls" though. Is that just something to act as a companion to the computer or should I be reading much more into it. I wonder, for instance, why all of the rest of the dolls are wearing trenchcoats.

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
sweet!!!! my gf looks similar to the one on the left and I just bought her a imac. now i just need to get one of these! awesome find.

seems the brand is called pinky:st
several sites mentioned everything being sold out
apparently this is the creator http://www.mr-hobby.com/vance/figures/top.html
you can find sites (english&jp) that have it for sale, but aside from the original posters site i can't find the mac ones anywhere.

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
well the ones for sale are pre-painted. if you look around it seems there are blank(beige) body kits, that you paint and then assemble. so it looks like this guy painted(cut) his own. at least thats my opinion.

OneTrueBob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the tip snkTab. Based on on that, I've done some more searching on the web. I came up this this web site that also includes a link for places to buy the characters. Not the mac girls though, those appear to be custom works.

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2002
snkTab said:
sweet!!!! my gf looks similar to the one on the left and I just bought her a imac. now i just need to get one of these! awesome find.

Your girlfriend has no nose or lips and has purple eyes, and a head that's about two times too big?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.