Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beavis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2003
Lake Titicaca
Hi, I'm going to switch soon and am getting my shoppping list ready. I am confused about something with the HP Designjet 10PS, the brochure says it requires "Mac 8.6 or later (Mac OSX in classic mode)". My understanding of classic is that it refers to OS9 ? Does this mean each time I print OS9 will start up ? I'll be printing from appleworks and Photoshop 7.0. under OSX. What happens with AL PB's that only boot in OS X, can they still invoke classic OS9 if needed by by this printer. Sorry if this sounds stupid, I have only used Mac a few times and the salespeople I have encountered do not know much either as they could not even drive Iphoto. I thought it would all be transparent through the USB and would not matter what os I was using.

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
-Beavis

Good question - HP doesn't seem to want to even talk about that printer so I've been unable to dig up any driver information about it. However, you should probably use GIMP-Print for OS X and it'll work.

How's Butt-Head doing these days?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.