Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puffmarvin

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2001
NY
I just went to the .Mac page and this is what comes up..
The requested application was not found on this server
Either Apple is having problems or maybe they are updating the service. Faster iDisk... PLEASE.

samdweck

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2002
1 Infinite Loop
Re: .Mac is down... updating?!

Originally posted by puffmarvin
I just went to the .Mac page and this is what comes up..
The requested application was not found on this server
Either Apple is having problems or maybe they are updating the service. Faster iDisk... PLEASE.

if they are down i want my 49 dollars back NOW!

chicagdan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2002
Chicago, IL
From what I can tell, they did make a nice revision to .mac ... the e-mail no longer requires the highly-annoying double authentication.

samdweck

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2002
1 Infinite Loop
Originally posted by chicagdan
From what I can tell, they did make a nice revision to .mac ... the e-mail no longer requires the highly-annoying double authentication.

they made no changes:

Dear .Mac Member,

We hope you haven't been greatly inconvenienced by the two .Mac network outages we've experienced in the past two weeks (including this morning) and we sincerely apologize for any problems you've experienced. The outages were the result of equipment failures, and since the equipment vendor has not been able to persuade us that the problem will not occur again, we've already begun installing new equipment from a different vendor.

We're completely back up and running now, and no data or mail was lost. We expect the equipment change over to be complete within the next several weeks, and we'll be working hard to ensure that there are no further issues during that time. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while we make this transition, and if you do experience any difficulties, please go to http://www.apple.com/support for up to the minute information and status.

The .Mac team

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
I think their system crashed durring a huge wire-transfer of all that cash they took from unsuspecting .Mac subscribers.

Don't worry, .Mac is back online and will continue to provide new and improved ways of parting you from your money. ;)

samdweck

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2002
1 Infinite Loop
Originally posted by tfaz1
I think their system crashed durring a huge wire-transfer of all that cash they took from unsuspecting .Mac subscribers.

Don't worry, .Mac is back online and will continue to provide new and improved ways of parting you from your money. ;)

you just hit the nail on the head! your sarcasm and insinuations are great! way cool! i think that .mac is really annoying, even though i have it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.