Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pete_M_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2023
Version: 10.15.7
13-inch 2020 Macbook Pro, Intel Core I5

Was using my Mac normally until yesterday when I opened it up and noticed the touchbar was not lit up (Touch ID still worked). Then it restarted. Then it restarted again. It keeps restarting about every 2 minutes with the error "Panic Medic Boot" and "a third party kernel extension was preventing the machine from successfully booting. All third party kernel extensions have been disabled. You will be prompted to re-enable them in the Security & Privacy System Preferences pane." But there is no prompt in the pane. Occasionally when it restarts I get a white circle with a line trough it.

I've tried booting into recovery mode but it still restarts every 2 minutes. I've tried installing software updates but it restarts in the middle of it. I've done first aid on through disk utility and it found no problems.

I've taken a look at this thread but when I ran the command "kmutil" I get command not found. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

JCarmona

macrumors regular
May 23, 2014
Did you solve it? I'm having exactly the same issue after updating to Sonoma 14.1.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.