Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregpod9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
So, I went through an Amazon renewed iPad Magic Keyboard and the Logitech Combo Touch. I returned them both due to their issues.

The Amazon renewed iPad Magic Keyboard had connectivity issues, trackpad randomly freezes and it was too small, and was draining a lot of battery from my iPad Pro. The Logitech combo touch had trackpad issues, it did not have any grip to hold the keyboard in place, and it too much space on my desk.

I’m now thinking of trying the Mac Magic Keyboard ($99 one) and the Magic Trackpad. Will both items work well including trackpad gestures and shortcut keys with my iPad Pro or if you have other suggestions, please let me know.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I used both Mac Magic Keyboard, Magic Trackpad as well as iPad Magic Keyboard. I would say the experience are similar. iPad MK has advantage of more mobile, integrated case and lapable. I didn’t always use Magic Trackpad as I prefer touch the screen directly.

Mac Magic Keyboard is also quite small & light. It’s good substitute for iPad MK especially if you already have a case which provides good protection, light, comfortable to hold and has a slot for Apple Pencil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.