Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YFUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
UK
Running macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta (16A294a) on a late 2010 iMac 27 and so far no problems to report apart from Mac Mail. I normally have Mail auto start on boot up and in El Capitan that was mostly fine but in macOS Sierra every time the mail client starts I get a security certificate warning for each of my 4 mail accounts.

I click on trust and Always Trust but the setting seems not to be saving so I have to repeat the process every time mail starts.

Is anyone else having this issue and if so is there a way to sort it out?

Thanks

Saul

dyt1983

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2014
USA USA USA
After fully logging in, run Keychain Access, check that the login keychain is unlocked, then adjust the trust settings for the certificates in question. Then lock the keychain. Quit and double-check that your trust settings have been saved.

YFUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
UK
Thanks for the info. just as an aside, I ran Keychain and the first thing I noticed was under Login/All Items there is a list of sites and under 'Kind' it says internet password and web form password and all on the 5th August but I have not logged into many of these! Also this is a clean install of macOS Sierra. Should I be concerned about this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.