Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
I'm on Mac OS Monterey using the Mac Mail program to access AOL Mail. Until recently the procedure for deleting an email was as follows: highlight the email in Inbox - AOL, click on the trash can icon, at some later time go to Trash - AOL, highlight the email and click on the trash can icon. Now, as soon as I go to Trash - AOL some or all of the emails there disappear before I do anything.

What might have changed? Thanks.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I'm on Mac OS Monterey using the Mac Mail program to access AOL Mail. Until recently the procedure for deleting an email was as follows: highlight the email in Inbox - AOL, click on the trash can icon, at some later time go to Trash - AOL, highlight the email and click on the trash can icon. Now, as soon as I go to Trash - AOL some or all of the emails there disappear before I do anything.

What's your Trash mailbox setting for AOL (Preferences > Accounts > Mailbox Behaviors)?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Is it configured as IMAP? Is there some server-side rule that is running and deleting the emails before the client threshold is triggered?

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
Is it configured as IMAP? Is there some server-side rule that is running and deleting the emails before the client threshold is triggered?
Yes, IMAP. If you mean some AOL Mail rule, I never changed anything there, for sure not recently when the behavior I am seeing started. What's odd is that when I click on the Trash - AOL mailbox, sometimes some of the emails there will disappear as I watch, sometimes none of them do. It's hard to imagine any rule that would distinguish emails that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.