Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ronnieoh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
Suddenly today after upgrading yesterday I can not open my Mac mail (version 16.0) while using my Mac Pro 2018. Not sure what to do... anyone else having this issue?

Ronnieoh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
I click on the mail app icon in the tray at the bottom of my screen, it opens for 0.05 seconds (so barely flashes) and closes and "Mail quit unexpectedly" shows up with option to report. I have tried in safe mode too and same thing is happening. I am not actually sure what menu File > Quit means...

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Check this page out

Reactions: Ronnieoh

Ronnieoh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
I started my Mac in safe mode, and then again in regular mode, about 10 times before I managed to "catch" the mail as it was opening (before it crashed) by clicking on "edit". I noticed it always opening in trash so deleted everything in my trash before it crashed again. After that it worked...?? No idea what happened. So grateful it is working again. Probably will be very hesitant about updating via any patches in the future.

Reactions: gank41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.