Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

El_Kabong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Greetings
All of a sudden a couple of days ago my Mac Mail crashes at start up. Any suggestions of what I can do to fix it?

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
Not having the same problem but mail seems to have stopped working in El Capitan and was just wondering whether you or anyone else found a third party mail app that is supported on 10.11.6?

All the ones I have looked at require newer os to install.

Thanks.

Reactions: Jojo44

Jojo44

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2022
Not having the same problem but mail seems to have stopped working in El Capitan and was just wondering whether you or anyone else found a third party mail app that is supported on 10.11.6?

All the ones I have looked at require newer os to install.

Thanks.
Im in the same boat El Capitan version 10.11.6 crashes everytime I try to open it. Would love to get this solved asap as cannot get any of my emails. thanks

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
If you can’t get it to work you may want to try a third party mail app. Also if you have access to a mac with a newer operating system you can get apps unsupported by el capitan from Mac App Store and then the apps will be available in your purchases and you can download the compatible version for El Capitan.

Let me know if you want a list of apps as I have already tried a few.

El_Kabong

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
If you can’t get it to work you may want to try a third party mail app. Also if you have access to a mac with a newer operating system you can get apps unsupported by el capitan from Mac App Store and then the apps will be available in your purchases and you can download the compatible version for El Capitan.

Let me know if you want a list of apps as I have already tried a few.
I am using another mail app now but I lost all me saved email addresses. I want to upgrade but I always have a problem when I try to. Arghhh lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.