Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipad3man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2017
My Mac Mini has VERRY choppy graphics, I have installed Yosemite with Mac Post Factor and I have no clue what to do to fix the Graphics and I need help bad

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
What year Mac Mini do you have?

If you used Mac Post Factor I'm stipulating you have an unsupported Mac. 10.10 supports Early 2009 or later so I imagine you have a Mac Mini even earlier than that?

The graphics card is likely terrible in your machine, which is why the graphics are choppy and partly why the system is unsupported in the first place. You may also be hitting the I/O limit of the drive and if it's corrupted this would compound performance issues. Furthermore if you have integrated graphics which are shared with system RAM, anything less than 4GB RAM would also contribute to sluggish animations.

In conclusion: if you could provide specific details about your machine it would be helpful. However from your description it's more than likely you're hitting hardware bottlenecks which is causing the poor performance.
[doublepost=1495580182][/doublepost]Ah, saw your other post. You have a 2007 Mac Mini with Intel GMA 950. The graphics suck on it and they were terrible even for the time. That iGPU barely runs Lion animations smoothly, let alone Yosemite.

The hardware can't handle the OS. It's why your Mac was unsupported in the first place.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
[Mod note: Merged two threads]

Commented on your other post but you mentioned the exact model here. You have the Intel GMA 950 GPU. It's a terrible graphics card, even for the time. Problems are relating to the hardware bottleneck, along with the rest of it.

This is the reason why your Mac Mini is unsupported for 10.10. It's because the hardware just can't deal with the OS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ipad3man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2017
I just need a fix for the graphics, everything else is fine
[doublepost=1495801465][/doublepost]
[Mod note: Merged two threads]

Commented on your other post but you mentioned the exact model here. You have the Intel GMA 950 GPU. It's a terrible graphics card, even for the time. Problems are relating to the hardware bottleneck, along with the rest of it.

This is the reason why your Mac Mini is unsupported for 10.10. It's because the hardware just can't deal with the OS.
All I need is for the grapics to work, 4GB ram and thinking of a SSD and I don't have much money so that is my only choice

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I just need a fix for the graphics, everything else is fine

It's a Intel GMA with 128MB VRAM. There's no "fix". It's not powerful enough to run the animations. It's like installing Windows on a Pentium 2 PC. The hardware just can't run it to a suitable standard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.