Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snomelc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
I have a 2011 Mac Mini Server (8 GB RAM + Intel HD Graphics 3000 + 128 GB SSD) with High Sierra installed. I successfully installed Windows 11 via Boot Camp (on second try) using a DVD burned from the Windows ISO. All works really well, surprisingly, since everything I've read indicates that it shouldn't have been possible. I did not, however, install the Intel graphics drivers from Boot Camp because it caused a BSOD the first time around. The second installation has updated all the drivers needed but there are two problems which are probably connected:

1. The Intel Graphics display driver has a yellow exclamation point indicating that it's not working - this is evident because I've got my Sony TV hooked up via HDMI and although it displays everything, there's horizontal distortion/stretching so that everything is oblong.

2. It doesn't recognize the HDMI connection (shows Generic Monitor driver) so audio doesn't come through the TV but does come through the Mac Mini "speakers" (very muffled, of course).

I am thinking, after reading tons of blogs, of installing the Intel Graphics driver 9.17.10.4229 using DDU to uninstall the existing driver in Safe Mode first, but I'm so worried that it will destroy what is working so well. Can anyone suggest anything that will possibly work?

carylee2002

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Can you upgrade your driver via device manager and highlight display adapters and then your graphics card and do a update driver that way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.