Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Wake for network access is off. Power nap is off. Find my Mac is off. Still it wakes from sleep and turns on both monitors during the night multiple times. Is there any fix or terminal command to fix this?

Thanks

CC88

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2010
Love to see one terminal command to solve.

I don't have my mini yet, but a trash can macpro in the past had the same issue. Do you have bluetooth keyboard or mouse?

Disabling wake up from bluetooth solved my problem.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Love to see one terminal command to solve.

I don't have my mini yet, but a trash can macpro in the past had the same issue. Do you have bluetooth keyboard or mouse?

Disabling wake up from bluetooth solved my problem.
Yes I use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. If I disable that then how will I wake up the mini? I did not disable it because I was not sure of that.

CC88

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2010
Yes I use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. If I disable that then how will I wake up the mini? I did not disable it because I was not sure of that.

I woke up my macpro turning on my monitor. Or I think you can press the mini power button.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
I woke up my macpro turning on my monitor. Or I think you can press the mini power button.
Alright I'll disable the bluetooth wake and see what happens. Thanks!

Reactions: CC88

F23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Running terminal pmset -g assertions after wake reveals "InternalPreventDisplaySleep 1". Shouldn't this be 0?

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I kind of have a parallel question. I'm coming from an iMac. With the MacMini should I physically be turning the monitor off. This is set up in my bedroom, and I don't want a blinding light wake-up "alarm" o_O This will be the first night, So I guess I'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.