Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What five possible features are most important to you in a next-generation Mac mini?

• Another HDMI port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Front panel SD card reader

• Built-in microphone for Siri / HomePod style functionality

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayKay514

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
With 2022 around the corner and rumors of a new Mac mini on the horizon, what features would be most important to you, if you have a current or older version and would be looking to upgrade?

isdsms

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2021
Kind of related, but I wish to purchase the perfect 32" monitor to match well with my new Mini and my needs, which are nothing out of the ordinary. Currently using a mid 2017, 27" iMac and would hate to see a drop off from that fine screen. Suggestions anyone??

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
  • M1 / M1 Pro / M1 Max SoC options
  • M.2 NVMe SSD expansion slots (two / RAID enabled)
  • More supported resolutions (not higher, just more; let me run a 2560x1440/75Hz monitor without any fuzzy fonts issues)
  • KEEP THE INTERNAL PSU...!!!
  • More USB-A ports (four would be perfect)

AdamJohnG

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2019
Malaga, Spain
The ability for the end user to easily upgrade RAM, and a second, open SSD slot would be tops on my list.
I think that the option of adding RAM is never going to happen again. The Apple Silicon SoC design precludes separate RAM slots. An additional inside SSD/NVMe slot would be nice, though the speed of the latest Thunderbolt ports means that external storage can be super fast too.

A nice choice of CPUs, solid graphics and a good collection of ports is top of my list - As well as a reasonable (for Apple) price tag.

Reactions: throAU

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
I think that the option of adding RAM is never going to happen again. The Apple Silicon SoC design precludes separate RAM slots.
I keep forgetting the RAM is "baked in" on the M1s (even though I have one!) ;) I should know better than to post before I'm finished getting myself caffeinated.

• Haha
Reactions: Cape Dave
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.