Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

norwegian wood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Does the mac mini display all web content onto an hdtv now that the new one has the hdmi output on it?

would i be able to watch mlbtv if i used a mac mini as my media center? right now i use a ruko player and the picture quality kind of sucks and it often has to reboot start buffing in the middle of an important at abt.

Thanks

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Yes! You'll have the resolution of your choice, up to 1920-by-1200 or 1080p using the HDMI port, or 2560-by-1600 using the Mini DisplayPort, and it'll look as crisp as can be.

Even the older one did, using a MDP-HDMI adapter in conjunction with a separate audio cable. I've been using one for years as my home theater pc, and it works great. I also use a Harmony Remote and RemoteBuddy software and I have pretty decent control of the mini that way.

norwegian wood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
DAMN. I've had an apple tv for a for a couple years and often wondered why mlbtv is not available that way. Now i might have to upgrade to a mac mini from the appletv and raise apple's stock price even more

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
yeah, it can do everything that the appletv can do plus so much more. granted, it's harder to do EVERYTHING with a remote, so a bluetooth keyboard/mouse is sort of required, but you have a full browser with silverlight and flash (read: hulu, network tv websites and netflix streaming), front row, itunes rentals, 500gb of internal storage space plus access to network storage, a dvd drive with dvd player, the ability to rip dvd's in full quality (MacTheRipper) or in H.264 format to put on your iPhone (HandBrake), etc etc etc...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.