Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acayon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2016
I have Mac Mini (Mid.2007) with Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 and I try to configure a USB dongle ASUS BT400 with BCM20702A0 chip using the next guide: the next https://www.atpeaz.com/using-unsupported-bluetooth-4-0-usb-dongle-with-os-x/. I've got it and now I was able to get enable the Bluetooth 4.0 in menu: in bluetooth icon menu with Alt key I can see version 4.0.8f17 v1965 with the default Apple bluetooth, also I try to use the Change selected HIC tool from Bluetooth Explorer (XCode tool) and selecting the dongle (Broadcomp) I can see 4.0.8f17 (v14 c4096).
My problem is that without dongle, the Magic Trackpad 2 was detected as a Mouse, and only works the click and move the pointer, but no the scroll or secondary click works. But with the dongle the Magic Trackpad 2 there are no difference.

I was doing something wrong or the Magic Trackpad 2 was no able to work with Lion and Mac Mini of 2007?

Thanks a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.