Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Hi guys... regarding the Mac Mini...

As most of you know, Apple's drivers for their computers on the Windows side are lackluster... I experienced this firsthand with my Penryn MacBook Pro... the drivers were terrible! They were just good enough to make Windows usable, but not enjoyable like I am enjoying my HP DM3. The wireless would constantly drop out.

That being said, are the drivers for the Mac Mini any good? Any problems, etc.?

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Hi guys... regarding the Mac Mini...

As most of you know, Apple's drivers for their computers on the Windows side are lackluster... I experienced this firsthand with my Penryn MacBook Pro... the drivers were terrible! They were just good enough to make Windows usable, but not enjoyable like I am enjoying my HP DM3. The wireless would constantly drop out.

That being said, are the drivers for the Mac Mini any good? Any problems, etc.?

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my Late 09 mini with no issues besides the common clock issue. I haven't tried hooking up printers or whatever, but all I did was run windows update to search for drivers once the installation was complete. I didn't even use the bootcamp disc.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Yes. I set up a mini with the Intel graphics, and the drivers are the best that Apple's ever put out for Windows XP - granted, the drivers for that model were all very mature.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
My 802.11n cards in my Mac Pro and Mac Mini seem to only connect at 54mb when booted into windows.

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
Running Windows 7 Home Premium without any problems. I only have it connected to a 802.11g router though so I can't test the n draft speeds. I have all the latest updates installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.