Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HyperX13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I will be installing the Mac Mini in my van. I have a conversion van with a 30 inch LCD display. I have all the room, etc for the Mac, but my question is with proper shutdown. If I wire in the mac, when I turn the ignition off, the mini will turn off. The Mac has a 256 gig SSD in there. My question is, does turning off the mac and then on without proper shutdown effect anything?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I will be installing the Mac Mini in my van. I have a conversion van with a 30 inch LCD display. I have all the room, etc for the Mac, but my question is with proper shutdown. If I wire in the mac, when I turn the ignition off, the mini will turn off. The Mac has a 256 gig SSD in there. My question is, does turning off the mac and then on without proper shutdown effect anything?

It will eventually. Corrupted data and files will be abundant. Since you modded your van to allow a Mac Mini, can't you mod it again to install a back-up battery for your Mac Mini in case power goes out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.