Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kloy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2021
Hi

I just ordered a Mac Mini M1 (Late 2020) and the Logitech C920 HD Pro webcam.

I still did not received them but I read online that there are some issues with the Logitech C920 HD Pro software.

Actually, I don't need the software, for me it's important that once plugged, the webcam works with Chrome. I just need it for meeting over Google Meet.

Someone here have the same setup or a the same Webcam and the M1 processor? What's your experience?

mmkerc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2014
I have a M1 mini, and use the Logitech 270 with Logitech Camera Setting software with no problems. I have not have a Google meet, but I have use FaceTime, Zoom, and Skype without issue

JohnnyGo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2009
I used the Logitech without a problem but I ordered the new Anker PowerConf C300 and couldn’t be happier.

It’s expensive but really worth the money.

Bob_DM

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2020
Kessel-lo - Belgium
Hi

I just ordered a Mac Mini M1 (Late 2020) and the Logitech C920 HD Pro webcam.

I still did not received them but I read online that there are some issues with the Logitech C920 HD Pro software.

Actually, I don't need the software, for me it's important that once plugged, the webcam works with Chrome. I just need it for meeting over Google Meet.

Someone here have the same setup or a the same Webcam and the M1 processor? What's your experience?
I am using exactly this one for more than a year now without the proprietary software.
Teams, Zoom, QuickTime, … Mac Mini M1 16Gb.

Kloy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2021
I am using exactly this one for more than a year now without the proprietary software.
Teams, Zoom, QuickTime, … Mac Mini M1 16Gb.
Thanks!

Did you also tried it in Google Meets or in general using the Webcam in Chrome?

And are you using Big Sur or Monterey?

mmkerc

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2014
Yes, Monterey does not have any killer new features and given some of the growing pains I have seen with the switch both to the new chip, and OS (most have been addressed) thought I'd wait to the first iteration

Bob_DM

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2020
Kessel-lo - Belgium
Thanks!

Did you also tried it in Google Meets or in general using the Webcam in Chrome?

And are you using Big Sur or Monterey?
Monterty, once in Google Meets I believe for an one-time event, never encountered a problem. Really Plug-and-play.
Normally using Safari …
Update: chrome works fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kloy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.