Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoyJack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
I apologize in advance for my general lack of computer savvy. I have owned Macs for years, and when my 2011 iMac finally died, I decided to go with the "newest and best" OS. I bought the Mac Mini (because I thought I had all of the components), only to find that lots of things (including dozens of apps) are not yet ready to work with Big Sur, M1. Right now my biggest problem is a lack of a Webcam / Microphone. I had a Logitech webcam that worked well, but I have been exchanging endless emails with Logitech and the only thing they could recommend was a $160 unit. I see that other people have done "work arounds" by creating a "guest," but if I log in as Guest, I won't have access to all of the emails and files that I need when I log in as Admin. Someone else said his logitech worked fine, but at the end of his post he disclosed that he was using Intel and not Apple. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

RoyJack

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
I apologize in advance for my general lack of computer savvy. I have owned Macs for years, and when my 2011 iMac finally died, I decided to go with the "newest and best" OS. I bought the Mac Mini (because I thought I had all of the components), only to find that lots of things (including dozens of apps) are not yet ready to work with Big Sur, M1. Right now my biggest problem is a lack of a Webcam / Microphone. I had a Logitech webcam that worked well, but I have been exchanging endless emails with Logitech and the only thing they could recommend was a $160 unit. I see that other people have done "work arounds" by creating a "guest," but if I log in as Guest, I won't have access to all of the emails and files that I need when I log in as Admin. Someone else said his logitech worked fine, but at the end of his post he disclosed that he was using Intel and not Apple. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

RoyJack

I think your question needs to be posted in the big sur macOS 11 forum, this is the iOS 11 forum!

RoyJack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
Thanks. That would explain the overwhelming lack of response. I will try to find the correct forum. Wish me luck! Again, thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.