Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris.s.johnson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2020
I have a new Mac mini M1, and I have an Epson ET-2550 printer, that I use wirelessly. My MacBook Pro is using Mac OS 11.0.1 and prints fine to the printer, but my new Mac mini won't add the printer over wireless connection.

I spent a good 45 minutes with Epson support installing (and uninstalling) different drivers, etc and we couldn't get it to work.

Anyone else having trouble printing over wireless to epson printers with an M1 mac?

Reactions: linrey

Mnmacht77

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2020
Minnesota
I have a new Mac mini M1, and I have an Epson ET-2550 printer, that I use wirelessly. My MacBook Pro is using Mac OS 11.0.1 and prints fine to the printer, but my new Mac mini won't add the printer over wireless connection.

I spent a good 45 minutes with Epson support installing (and uninstalling) different drivers, etc and we couldn't get it to work.

Anyone else having trouble printing over wireless to epson printers with an M1 mac?
Yes, seeing same problem with an older HP printer. iOS devices can find and AirPrint to it, x86 macs running 11.0.1 work as well. M1 on 11.0.1 doesn’t even see it.

Reactions: linrey

chris.s.johnson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2020
Yes, seeing same problem with an older HP printer. iOS devices can find and AirPrint to it, x86 macs running 11.0.1 work as well. M1 on 11.0.1 doesn’t even see it.
I guess I'm in a little better shape, as I can see it, but can't add it. Still can't print though. Hopefully, they will add support soon.

badsimian

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2015
I have an Epson ET-4750 which works fine. Found it immediately the first time I went to print and just worked.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Do not install any drivers unless they are KNOWN to be compatible. I ran into issues with Canon installing a KEXT that created a bunch of issues.

mrj412

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
I have an Epson ET-7750 that is working fine on my M1 mini using the Big Sur drivers from their website. I've only printed a couple of things but so far no issues.
I only installed the "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package Installer" package and make sure your in the MacOS 11.x section, the site defaults to 10.15 in Safari.

applefan19

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2019
Do not install any drivers unless they are KNOWN to be compatible. I ran into issues with Canon installing a KEXT that created a bunch of issues.
Do you mean with the Big Sur software or with M1? Before I researched I thought apps would have to be compatible with the software rather than the hardware since all new Macs run Big Sur.

Reactions: reeney

NorbertSpanglebuns

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2021

I'm running a Macbook air m1 with Big Sur....Yep, i have an Epson xp-325 ..... when i plug in the USB cable it whirs and clicks, making all the usual noises but then just pushes the paper through without printing anything, nice of Apple to let me know this, lots of spare ink and a little used printer ready for the landfill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.