Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
the chrome interface does not become smooth if I select 75 Hz for my monitor, it seems to be running at 30 frames per second, if I select 60Hz, it works well. What could be the problem?

and some other applications, such as Ableton live, do not work as smoothly as at 60 Hertz.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
the chrome interface does not become smooth if I select 75 Hz for my monitor, it seems to be running at 30 frames per second, if I select 60Hz, it works well. What could be the problem?

and some other applications, such as Ableton live, do not work as smoothly as at 60 Hertz.
How are you connecting your Mac mini to the monitor? HDMI? USB-C? Any adapters in the mix? More details...

seggy

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2016
is it even relevant IRL driving a monitor at 75fps as opposed to 60?

100+ I understand, but...

Reactions: G5isAlive

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
How are you connecting your Mac mini to the monitor? HDMI? USB-C? Any adapters in the mix? More details...
friend, I tried all the cables, including usb-c and displayport, it didn't help, my hdmi handles exactly the same

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
Also, what do you mean by "Not smooth"? What are you seeing that is wrong?
at 60 Hertz, the chrome interface works more smoothly than at 75, do you know what I mean? at 75 hertz, I see smooth animation in all applications, but not in chrome, and it's starting to get annoying.

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
What part of the chrome interface animates? Do you mean scrolling web pages?
no, the sites work fine, I mean the interface.
these are the tabs when opening, closing

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 14.29.06.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 14.29.06.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 69

dontlan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2024
That's what I mean.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 16.10.41.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 16.10.41.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003

Thanks for sharing... but I am afraid while I CAN see the video... nothing leaps out as me as a 'problem.' I get for some people things can become a distraction and then a frustration, but you were doing a lot of tab manipulation there to highlight not sure what. Not saying it doesn't exist. But you might have to live with it.

The reason I asked about safari, is that this might be an application specific issue, in that the lack of smoothness you perceive is because Chrome may be redrawing the unveiled tab before updating the menu bar. That is under software control. And Chrome leans heavily towards updating the majority of the screen first because that is what some viewers will perceive as fast or not fast.

again, pointing out that this might very well be a chrome specific issue that no one can help you with.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.