Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dacanales

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2024
I googled "m3 mac mini" this morning, and this came up. It shows a descriptive summary of the current Mac Mini offered on Apple's website as having the "Apple M3 chip." When I clicked the link to jump to Apple's website, there was no mention of the M3 chip with the minis. I'm hopeful it's forthcoming. 🤞
Image 4-6-24 at 5.37 AM.jpeg

Reactions: N69AP and uller6

b.lam

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010

nothing announced yet

kent5

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2023
I used to hold out hope for that too, but apparently, Apple's plan is to ignore the Mini for a year after all the other Macs are upgraded.

My guess is that we won't have M3 Minis in actual customer hands until August -- virtually a year after the other Macs were upgraded. And, as another poster in another thread stated, by that time M4 will be on the horizon, and the whole cycle starts over again.

Bazza1

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2017
Toronto, Canada
M2 Mini came out late January 2023. I'd expect the same time of year for the M3, just as a guess. No particular reason, but Apple a creature of habit.
Similarly, I wouldn't expect the next iPhone SE (if it exists) to show up until the Spring of 2025.

Reactions: dacanales

kent5

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2023
M2 Mini came out late January 2023. I'd expect the same time of year for the M3, just as a guess. No particular reason, but Apple a creature of habit.
Similarly, I wouldn't expect the next iPhone SE (if it exists) to show up until the Spring of 2025.
You mean you might expect that a Mac Mini M3 not appear until January 2025? (since "Jan 2024" is loooong since passed)

MegaBlue

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2022
Tennessee, United States
Thanks for pointing that out. It's odd that the product description comes from the iMac but the price is of the mini. I still hold a smidgen of hope that they'll update it soon.
It's pulling the price from the iMac, not the mini.

Apple states the mini starts at $599, not $1299. $1299 is the price of the model with M2 Pro, but they always advertise the mini starting with the base config price.

kent5

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2023
If true, that means that People wanting to buy a desktop Mac have only 2 choices: buy the "outdated and at least 1 year behind everything else" Mac Mini, or spend nearly three times that amount to buy an up-to-date Mac and be locked into the built in display/structure of the iMac. Or spend nearly four times the cost of the Mac Mini and get a Studio.

Apple's plan:
1st: Lock down all expansion to literally nothing. If your memory/storage needs change, dump it and buy again.
2nd: Limit new Mac desktop PC choices to either "outdated" or "outrageously expensive".

I was really excited to re-adopt Mac as my main PC, but Apple is seemingly doing its best to make that a painful experience. Too bad "2024" isn't more like "1984", because I'm feeling like today's Apple is more like the enslaved audience and less like the runner.

picpicmac

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2023
I was really excited to re-adopt Mac as my main PC, but Apple is seemingly doing its best to make that a painful experience.
Just buy an M2 Mac Mini.

The masses of online commenters are in a constant war with each over on one of two beliefs:

A: Computer Company just needlessly turn out new models too quickly, to boost sales, when the old models do more than what is needed; or...
B: Computer Company is so slow and behind and why don't they give me what I want!

You can see both kinds of comments daily, here on this website, over the exact same company (Apple) and the exact same products.

dacanales

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2024
Just buy an M2 Mac Mini.

The masses of online commenters are in a constant war with each over on one of two beliefs:

A: Computer Company just needlessly turn out new models too quickly, to boost sales, when the old models do more than what is needed; or...
B: Computer Company is so slow and behind and why don't they give me what I want!

You can see both kinds of comments daily, here on this website, over the exact same company (Apple) and the exact same products.
That's likely the route I'm taking. The google search gave me some (false?) hope. 🤣

Reactions: picpicmac

kent5

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2023
Just buy an M2 Mac Mini.

I guess there is no better way to ensure that Apple releases the M3 Mac Mini tomorrow than if I buy a new M2 Mac Mini today. 😆

NewOldStock

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2023
M4 announced end of 2024 and will be available in 2025.
Ai infiltration in Google search engine is wack. Find all kinds of wrong answers lately.

brsilb

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2018
We may see Apple event to release M4 Macs in October along with software release 15.

Update: Gurman says Mini and Studio in mid 2025, which may mean M3 version at WWDC.

Last edited:

washablemarkers

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
The Mini seems to be on a two-year cycle now, so I doubt we'll get an M3 and M4. Probably an M4 close to the end of this year or early next year.

Newgoblin49

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2024
It depends on how much of a hurry you are in. I am not in that much of money, so I will likely wait for the next model. Whenever it releases. It’s important to note that in my country, we usually hang onto our electronic devices for a longer time, so I will be waiting for the latest one, and I will be using it for six years at least, a Pro Mac mini

Guenter

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2023
I dont think we will see a m3 mini. If apple releases a m3 mini we will see it next week. WWDC will focus on AI and may be on the related m4. To announce a m3 at that time does not sound right to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.