Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
Hi Guys, was just wondering if anyone is having the same problems as me trying to get their new Mac Mini. I placed the order online on the 15th June and I got a email telling me that it would dispatch on 25th and delivery on the 28th. Tonight I got a new email from Apple saying that the dates had been revised and now it will ship 9th July and arrive 13th July! I think personally that this is ridiculous! Lets call it a month from order date to actually getting the product delivered!

What do you think? Is there really an issue or has something went wrong. I phoned last week and was told that they would look into it, thats when I got the original date delivery. And this morning I phoned to find out why it missed the ship date and was told by the guy "I have no information to tell you" then I get a delay email.

Thanks for any input, :)

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
Sorry should have mentioned that I live in the UK and got higher educational discount in my order. I cant even see them listed on amazon uk.

But thanks for the heads up anyway.

cw2k7

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
Ordered mine (2.4 with 4GB ram) with the further education discount on the 15th June. It shipped on the 19th June and arrived on the 25th June in the UK. (up until the day it was sent the online status said delivery date would be sometime in July, now it still says delivery due 30th June even though I have it sitting in from of me and it's listed as delivered in the order tracking section)

Have you checked your order online to make sure it's not got any action required messages. (my order was on hold the day after I ordered due a glitch in the credit card processing when I originally ordered)

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
As far as I can see there are no problems on the order section. And I had emailed the person at Apple that contacted me about the discount after order and she has not mentioned anything.

The thing that is annoying me most just now is the fact that on the website the mini's are still sitting at shipping in 24hrs. So I dnt believe the email I got to be accurate! What do you think my chances of asking them to just letting me pick it up from my local store because I will be off work on Saturday and originally only bought it online because of work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.