Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

westmd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2013
While taking the drives out of my mid 2010 mac mini server I broke one thermal sensor plastic connector. It was really stuck on the main board and wouldn't come of.

OkG1hbCh.jpg

The thermal sensor (part 076-1370 or 076-1369) from apple normally looks like that:

qioWbNah.jpg

Now, I have been looking online and to get this thing in europe it would cost me like almost 50 eur, which is a lot given the fact I don't need the sensor it self but just the plastic connector with or without the wires. The sensor does work when I connect the wires to the main board.

Anyone an idea what the correct term is for this connector and how/where possibly i could find such a thing. It is possible this is a common component, used in thousands of electronic products and in that case it should be easy to find a replacement.

How can I find a replacement.

Last edited:

westmd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2013
Given the fact that nobody has a better idea I have macguyvered a solution myself. PLaced the cables in place and glued them with glue gun to the connector on the mainboard.

7wlTBew.jpg

ZHSefjX.jpg

kiresp

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2013
Polarity of these wires ?

Anyone know the polarity of these wires, I have the same problem, just a little worse - each wire came out as yours did, then I tried carefully to remove the inner connector but the entire connector came off the board eventually.
I need to connect these wires so the fan isn't running full speed.
Both wires are black and I have no idea of the polarity if any ?

scbond

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2010
Nottingham, UK
If the plastic connector isn't damaged then just push the pins back in. If not, bite the bullet and buy a new one from somewhere like http://www.thebookyard.com.

FYI, the sensor wires lift out of the socket and are not pulled.

kiresp: The polarity switches so it doesn't matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.