Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmateos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Hey i woke up the smorning and my mac mini was making a odd ticking sound and the hdd noises seemed extra loud. a reboot fixed this but naturally i am still a little concerned.

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
You can check the SMART status by opening up applications/utilities/disk utility and selecting the drive. It probably isn't anything to worry about though.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Also, verify your disk while you're there (disk, not permissions). This'll take a while and may freeze up your machine momentarily, but it could help in finding any problems. :)

dmateos

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Yeah, thanks guys no errors in smart or disk test.

Usually such a thing wouldnt worry me but i am having another issue which may be related.

Somtimes when im typing stuff i notice it will lag then finish the rest of my word, its again not a big issue but its noticably anoying somtimes.

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
dmateos said:
Yeah, thanks guys no errors in smart or disk test.

Usually such a thing wouldnt worry me but i am having another issue which may be related.

Somtimes when im typing stuff i notice it will lag then finish the rest of my word, its again not a big issue but its noticably anoying somtimes.
I have the same problem from time to time on my mini. Its not really a big deal either.. A system reinstall might help a bit, but is it really worth it?

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
dmateos said:
Do you have the Bluetooth keyboard? I do and always assumed that was the problem. It doesn't bother me too much, but i'd rather it wasn't there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.