Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
solvs said:
It's Apple's logic. The others may be cheaper off the shelf for the rest of us, but I'm sure Apple has a deal with Intel for their chipsets. So we get Intel stuff. I don't know what to tell you.
Yeah and what they said.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
kildraik said:
An ATI chipset would be pretty neat, although I read the Wiki of the GMAX3000. I imagine that that would perform well. I hope that whatever they do they do whats best: Best performance for the best value.I personally would like to see the Mini head back to a starting price of $499. That would be fantastic. Any possibility of RAM upgrades? Maybe cheaper? Maybe use iMac ram and try and fit more hardware inside?
That $499 didnt include built in blue tooth and airport. The new machine does. Just thought I'd mention that plus it went from 1 cpu to two. Base Mini seems to be a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Dont Hurt Me said:
That $499 didnt include built in blue tooth and airport. The new machine does. Just thought I'd mention that plus it went from 1 cpu to two. Base Mini seems to be a pretty good deal if you ask me.
Yeah, the mini packs more CPU power then Dells and pretty much everyone else at the same price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.