Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doktordoris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
Hullo,
Tomorrow a mac mini is being delivered to my flat.

I have been a mac user for 3 weeks now, I currently own MBP, so the mac holds no fears for me. But what I want to know is what comes with the mini?
Will it contain an adaptor so I can plug it into my monitor or TV?

If it does come with adaptor/s are they for DVI, VGA, or what?

Thanks in advance for your help.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Taken from the Apple website

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-25 at 23.10.23.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-25 at 23.10.23.png
    23 KB · Views: 4,346

doktordoris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
Splendid thanks, I did look on Apple's site but didn't find the but you posted.

That is great news, I can plug it into my TV's DVI socket and then copy all my iTunes James Bond films to it.
I can't wait to watch my movies on my big television.

Oh actually I do have another question, is my iWorks license for one machine, or for one machine to be used at once?
For instance can I use the iWorks install discs I bought with my MBP to install it to my mini, as I will only ever use one machine at a time so the license is only being used by it's owner at any one time.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Software licensing is always a shady area to get into. Unless you brought the family pack then the real answer is that you can't (read shouldn't) and should purchase a new license for you mac mini. But of course that is up to you.

doktordoris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
Software licensing is always a shady area to get into. Unless you brought the family pack then the real answer is that you can't (read shouldn't) and should purchase a new license for you mac mini. But of course that is up to you.

Thanks for your non-judgemental reply.

What I also meant to ask is do I need a serial key to install iWorks? My MBP came with it pre-installed and I cannot find a key anywhere on the disc cover.

doktordoris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
Okay chief, I guess if you say that is the case the mods will agree with you.

But all I want to do is install software I own on a machine that I own. I believe I have a single use license and I will only use it on one machine, at a time.

doktordoris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
sorry answer is simple NO its alright to install it on your MPB or on your mini but not on both
just read here
http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/iwork09.pdf

Thanks, that was an interesting read BUT it is a EULA, not a UK law.

So it isn't much help mate, ta anyway.

And interestingly enough, what about this bit -
This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time

Does software 'exist' on a machine if that machine is turned off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.